The first step is to figure out what shows are appropriate for children. You will have to do some research to understand the content and the message that the show sends out to the audience. Do not pick a show just because it is for children. Keep in mind the following factors before you decide what to watch for kids:
- The content of the show must be appropriate for your child’s age.
- Pick shows with shorter duration. The longer they watch, the more the chances of them getting addicted.
- Check the tone and pace of the show as you would not want your kids to watch an energetic show before going to bed.
- Do not let them watch ads. Kids are naïve and commercials can be manipulative as their primary goal is to sell products by convincing their impressionable audience.
- Encourage them to watch educational programs by watching them yourselves.
A Welcoming Song
The video below is a Kenyan classic, popularly played to visitors of the country. Jambo is Swahili for hello and bwana is swahili for sir.
Click the file below for easy learning of the above song
The following dance is usually performed at any event. It is a song to praise family members and the clan. It was performed by Ruben Primary School Traditional dancers.